Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Friday, April 14, 2006

LIVID!!!!!!

I am angry. Scratch that....I'm infuriated. It just occurred to me that I suffered through 8 excruciating weeks of listening to my students mutilate the balcony scene in Romeo & Juliet. I delivered mini-lessons on couplets, puns, and soliloquy. I blushed (okay.... not really) as I explained the bard's covert sexual humor. In the end, all they really learned is that a couple of crazy kids rebelled against their parents and wound up dying for love.

Now, I'm going to be sitting at home with my best friend, Tivo, while some random sub gets to teach To Kill a Mockingbird! Is there no mercy in the world? Why couldn't I get cancer during the Shakespeare unit? Can someone leave me comments to let me know where you're at in TKAM? I'll list the important points you should be ready to discuss when I get back! Maybe I'll even add some quizzes to this blog.

6 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger crock said...

this my friend, is why I love you. It's been a long time since I read "TKAM" (10th grade/1990) - should I read it again?
and your favorite movies had me laughing (I thought for sure "terms of endearment" would be on there)...I can always count on your sense of humor.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Aunt Carole said...

Ashli,
I pulled out my synonym finder to discover what else besides livid and infuriated would express our feelings. My favorite is horn-mad. A few others that just aren't strong enough: hot under the collar, up in arms, in a tizzy, in a dither.
How about pissed?
My mother is cancer survivor. She fought this battle around the time I first met you. What were you, 8 or 9? I have an adorable picture of you and your sisters with you hamming it up between them.
Anyway, my mom worked at Cancer Service of Allen County for many years. When I told her you were going to the Goshen clinic her reaction was very positive, "one of the best" were her words.
You are in our prayers. I wish I could take this burden from you.
"The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and you mind." Philippians,4:7
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
Remember it is OK to be angry and question God. Read many of the Psalms and you will find that David was angry and questioning.
We will meet in prayer.
Love,
Aunt Carole

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Aunt Carole said...

Ashli,
I cannot believe how long it took me to post my first message. First I had to set up a blog account. What am I going to do with a blog account?!
-Aunt Carole

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Hey Tuckey Family...what a blast from the past! Okay, this is a totally sucky way to reconnect, but I hope you're enjoying the blog. How are things with you guys?

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home