Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Friday, June 01, 2007

Update

Ashli wanted me to give another update.

We found out she will not be resuming further treatment in Chicago. They felt it was counter-productive because it was not really helping control her pain like they wanted/expected it to. At times it seemed like it was making her "feel" worse rather than help her.

They are in the process of setting her up with hospice. This will be beneficial b/c "hopefully" that will mean that she won't have to be traipsing back and forth from home to hospital as often. They can set her up with a hospital bed etc at home and all that and it will be a lot more convenient for her and comfortable for her.

They would like to get everything set up at home for Ashli yet this weekend. If anyone is able to help today or tomorrow with moving furniture etc setting up, I know we can use the extra hands. You can call Ashli's home phone number and leave a message where you can be reached and either Joel or one of my parents will get back with you on when they will be doing things today and tomorrow. Thanks for your help and prayers!

--Alysia

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for every tear I cry, I also say a prayer for you.

love you.

crock

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at a loss for words. I pray that your pain is relieved and that you can finally have some comfort. I love you and I'm praying for you constantly.
Love,
Danna

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take comfort in knowing that God can see this whole picture. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He is always with you, Ashli, even when you can't feel Him. I pray that He will give you a peace that passes all understanding!
Love you!

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry this is all happening to you. You are in my thoughts & prayers everyday. You have so many people that love you & that are praying for you & your family. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home