Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ain't No Title Without Any Real Writing Direction

It's been so long since I've written that I have no clue what I even need to say. I am back at home and set up with Hospice which means that my bedroom now looks strikingly similar to a hospital suite. The majority of my visitors are RN's. Babette asked her amazing friend Debbie to help out and she has been nothing short of a godsend. Anne and Joel have stepped up and become my primary care takers. It is rather humbling to realize that there are people who are willing to put their own lives on hold for the sake of yours. In an earlier blog Alysia mentioned that I have been losing some movement in my legs accompanied by lower back pain. It got painful enough that Dr. Jin ordered an MRI. I wasn't even worried about it because I didn't think anything else could go wrong. Much to my chagrin I learned that the tumor had spread to my spine which in turn caused compound fractures of my vertebrae. Obviously there was some explaination for all my back pain and my lack of ability to move.

As you all continue to pray, please pray for my spirits as well as my physical well-being. I am beginning to feel like I can't catch a single break in this uphill battle and as you can imagine that makes it hard to continue putting all your time, effort and energy into fighting. I think I can only thank God that I have amazing family, friends and supporters who are walking beside me on this difficult journey.

My love to all of you

9 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you constantly! I pray that the Lord will lift you up!
We love you!
Jen and family

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli,
You are the most courageous person that I know, and you are truly an inspiration to me and many, many others! We are keeping you so close to our hearts and in our daily prayers. Thank you for our visit yesterday - it was truly wonderful to see you!
I love you!
Patrice

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli, you are truly an amazing woman. Know that I will continue to pray for you!

Andrea

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli, it's so good to hear your voice on your blog again. Love you and am praying.
Holly

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew the second I read the title of this blog that the Ashli I know and love was the author!!!

so good to "hear" your voice.

Heard this song today and of course thought of you, even before reading this blog, the lyrics are certainly my prayer for you.

"Hold Me Jesus"
by: Rich Mullins

Well, sometimes my life just don't make sense at all
When the mountains look so big
And my faith just seems so small

So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

And I wake up in the night and feel the dark
It's so hot inside my soul
I swear there must be blisters on my heart

So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees

And this Salvation Army band is playing this hymn
And Your grace rings out so deep
It makes my resistance seem so thin

I'm singing hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace



love you.

crock

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli,
Just wanted you to know I have been keeping up with your blog and continually praying for you. Kelly has been really good about keeping me posted too. You have many prayer warriors across the country lifting you up!
May Jesus give you peace!
Love, Holly (DeMerchant) Alexander

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli,
I want to echo everyone else who commented how nice it is to hear your voice. As much as I've appreciated your sisters' updates, I've missed YOU! I've been checking in regularly and you are on my mind and in my prayers daily.
Love,
Bekah

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli,
It was such a great surprise to hear from you on your blog! I called your house today (thursday)to see if I can help with anything or bring meals. PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know how I can help you. I've been praying like crazy and miss you so much!! I would love to come see you if you're up for a visitor. You can e-mail me dnjaques@yahoo.com if you'd like. I talked to your dad and Joel today, and I'm calling back next week to bring a meal. I'm praying that your pain is being controlled and that your spirits are lifted. I LOVE YOU!!!! I hope to hear you or see you soon.
Love,
Danna

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to be together again. Counting down the days...
Jeremy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home