Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Jumping the Gun

Okay... the whole "first taste of pain management" was simply a tease. I am struggling so badly with nausea and vomiting that I cannot keep any of this helpful medication down. It seems like am stuck on a pendulum -- one week up, one week down. At this point, I'd settle for being caught in the middle with no movement whatsoever.

I have tried to isolate the cause of this and cannot identify a culprit. All I know is that they need to make a Pedialyte for grownups that tastes like Diet Coke rather than a half cup of orange drink mixed with 5 cups of sugar.

Pray. Hard.

6 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger AJLutz said...

So sorry. =( Planning on coming tomorrow to rub your head if you're up to it and bring some sillyness and sunshine your way.

Love~

Alysia

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really difficult to know what to say. I feel so bad for you, and I want to kick some butt, but probably a little levity would be more appreciated. I hope you're still up to some butt-kicking yourself. Glad you are giving us the updates, tho.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ashli, I'm so sorry!! I'll be praying for you (always do), but I'll be praying extra hard that your vommitting stops. I do have a suggestion about making your pedialyte taste better. Get the plain unflavored one and melt a popsicle in it. This worked like magic for my boys, I hope it works for you!!! Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Love ya!
Danna

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Thanks, Danna. I'm definitely going to try it. It has to be better than the orange-flavored one I got :(

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli -

I'm praying for you, my friend!

Andrea

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry, friend.

Try the popsicle trick, or any other ideas that people have. Personally, I've never mastered the art of stopping the upchuck. I hope you do.

Shawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home