Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Monday, May 08, 2006

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to all the people who intervened with Anthem! My pre-determination paperwork was signed and mailed on Friday. Of course, Anthem is saying I'm going to have to pay MPRI as an out-of-network expense, but we can save that battle for another day. My account representative at MPRI already called to discuss my co-pay situation. Essentially, they will be expecting a $30 co-pay each and every day that they see me (8 weeks x 5 days a week x $30 a day.... I'm so glad I'm bad at math!)

I've been given the green light to begin scheduling appiontments with the doctors in Bloomington. Kim, Dr. Thornton's nurse, will be making calls to schedule me with the neuro-surgeon (who will be in charge of implanting my bbs) and the dentist (who will make rigid dental impressions so that my mouth will be completely immobile during radiation) because both of these procedures need to be done before my casts can be made at MPRI.

Kim is skeptical that I will be able to get into either of these doctors this week. This is a huge area where prayer is needed. I really need to get some of this done before Hawaii.

I also just received a voicemail from Alysia. The information she received from Anthem indicated my pre-determination was approved as in-network and that I have already met most of my out-of-pocket expenses and supposedly I do not have to pay any further co-pays for anything except prescriptions. We'll try to get this sorted out and keep you all posted. More to come later!

12 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! I'll be praying for your scheduling the appointments this week.

Gayle

p.s. Ask Corlissa about sohcahtoa!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!
I'm still available to drive either this week or next. If I don't hear from you by Wednesday noon, I'm going to hop the train and meet my sister in Chicago Wednesday night. But, you come first. Jane

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Hey there H! thats some great news you got there. i've been studying up on some HTML forms. i plan to make my webpage for blogger a lot "cooler". one problem is i dont remember the color codes... DUR but for a two-bit hack0r im ok. Stupid blogger wont allow me to do what i wanted to do w/ teh text

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT!!!
Hope this was the last big obstacle. Call me if you need anything.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Ash (imagine that it's spoken Kolie style:) After we talked, yesterday, I got on your blog and caught myself up. Me thinks I'll now be a regular. I've been up during the 12-4am hrs every night for the past week, I think, so I might be a good insomnia partner for you. I'll text you next time I give up on sleep. Such good news from Anthem! I love you.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! I am very much happy for you! It is so good to see you here each day! Kendall

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Ms. H wats goin on gurl? This is my first time leaving a message 4 u so lets see wat I wanna say. Well if u need any help on those co-payments i got u playa u kno im on the grind trin to make that paper. I should of responded sooner but i see u like everyday but even though i dont say it 2 ur face im praying all tha time that god will get u through this. stay strong mama :) aint i funny

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such great news!! It was so nice to talk to you today. You looked great on t.v. I was so proud of you. Let us know about the fundraiser. Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Danna

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger crock said...

good news....can't wait to see. i updated my blog, will try to call you soon.

love and miss you.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

PR-
You seem like the type of guy who would think he was a little too cool to be a blogger, so I'm honored that you were willing to risk your reputation as a G and comment on here. I've introduced you on the site and I know you already know...You make my girl happy, so by extension you make me very happy. Much love.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

P.S. - Look at the time and then guess what we're doing 1st period?

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Jane,
I just left you a lengthy reply on "Give Me This Computer of Give Me Death" I hope you see it. I guess you will not be "driving Miss Daisy..." Are you willing to fly NWA?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home