Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Whirlwind

Life has been pretty hectic since I've been home. It seems like I cannot sit still -- everytime I do I feel like I'm back in California and virtually alone. In my defense, there has been a lot going on. Corlissa's car broke down three times. I came home to a very messy apartment. Finally, we're moving into a bigger apartment. A huge thanks to all my heavy-lifting coaches!

I wanted to take a moment to give everyone a little update. It seems like the question of the hour is "So...what happens now?" Well... basically we wait. Radiation stays in works in one's system for up to a year. I did not have any scans while I was in California to determine whether or not the radiation was shriking this tumor. In fact, I am not scheduled to have any scans for another 6 weeks. I will post more about that as we gain information.

My understanding is that you only undergo radiation once. I am not scheduled for any further treatments, however, there was some discussion or surgery if the tumor were to shrink significantly. Basically, we know absolutely nothing at this point. Sorry:(

I am scheduled to return to school on Monday. Monday and Tuesday are teacher days the kids come for a full day on Wednesday. I cannot stand the thought of sitting at home, but I am definitely not back to my old self and nervous about whether or not I can handle a full day with kids. I am also scheduled to take classes two nights a week this fall, but for the sake of my energy and bank account, I think I am going to have to drop those.

Forgive me for being so delinquent in posting!

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Kristin Baker said...

Glad to hear you'll be coming back and still paying attention to the your limits. At least we know, the treatment is still working in your body and you don't have to be so far away. See you Monday!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Limits? I don't know, Kristin. Did you know Ashli's Cali doctor told her she shouldn't go back to school AT ALL until September 1st? I understand why you are, Ash, but still... Your limits may be a little lacking still! -Danielle

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger AJLutz said...

As a fellow Hepler woman, I must say, we are a bit ADD. If anyone understands Ash's need to be in a constant state of movement, it's me!! However, just don't bite off more than you can chew this early on, K' Ash? I think waiting on the classes (Masters) is a good idea. Just take it a day at a time. I'm sorry you are still feeling alone. We are all here for you. Don't be afraid to call when you need help or just some company.

Love,

Alysia

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your back home. Dan and I will be attending your benefit in October- can't wait to see you!!

Love,
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home