Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Monday, July 31, 2006

So Close I Can Almost Taste It....

Monday is nearly over. That is probably good news for all you readers out there, but for me, that news is terrific.

As a lovely friend pointed out, when I wake up tomorrow I will cut the number of days I have to spend in this God-forsaken state in half!

I cannot wait to wake up on Wednesday morning. It will be the last morning I ever have to wake up in this place. I'm so anxious, but I am forcing myself to wait to pack until tomorrow afternoon.

Time went by as rapidly as could be expected this weekend. We worked hard to occupy the minutes. On Friday Andrea (Helmuth) came over and went to lunch with my mom and I. Then, we all packed up in her Camry (it felt good to ride in one again) and headed to Hollywood. We saw some tourist attractions and took a 2-hour tour of celebrity homes. The houses were pretty cool, but at this point, if given a choice between a 56 million dollar home in California and a one bedroom apartment in Indina, I'd probably choose Indiana (unless I was able to sell the California property and use it to buy the entire city of Nappanee).

Saturday we went to a movie with Kristin and Sunday we went to Mosaic Church in Pasadena with Jeremy, out to lunch, and then to dinner and another movie in the evening with Jeremy and Kristin.

There is little else to report. The machine worked fine this morning (this is the first Monday in three weeks it has not been down). So... thanks to all of you who are praying. Keep the prayers coming!

5 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to see you. I think Elite Nails needs to see our feet soon. What do you think? I'll talk to ya soon.
Love,
Danna

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashli -

It's almost over!!!! I don't usually get excited for my friends to leave California, but in this instance I'll be THRILLED to see you go! =)

I'm soooo happy to hear that the machine worked properly today. I'll continue to pray for good functioning tomorrow and Wednesday. You're almost home, my friend.

Andrea

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Hey Danna... you're such a faithful commenter... thanks! Can you pass along a message to Bob. The apartment complex is saying I probably won't be able to move in until August 11th. So,I'll probably need to get into the storage unit early that day. Is that a possibility?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger LoriCloud said...

Just got back from Colorado and had virtually no internet time, however.... I kept thinking about you... and the countdown. I'm SO glad that you got out and did something touristy to help pass the time.

Tick Tock. Congratulations and have a GREAT homecoming!!!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger AJLutz said...

It is 4:00 pm Indiana time on TUESDAY AUGUST 1st. . .I was thinking that most of your treatments most recently have been in the morning as opposed to late afternoon like before, so I am going to "guesstimate" that perhaps you only have ONE TREATMENT LEFT IN CALIFORNIA!!!!! Tomorrow you will wake up, and it will be D-Day (Departure Day)!!!

I'm so proud of you for sticking it out when you wanted to hop a plane to IN. I bet even the road-apple infested streets of Nappanee will seem welcoming tomorrow.

Call me tomorrow to let me know if you need a ride back to Elkhart on Thurs morning.

Love Ya' and see you REAL soon~

Alysia

P.S. Mom~ Thanks for carrying her to the finish line for us!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home