Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Monday, October 30, 2006

No Immunity

Evidently my last post was incorrectly titled. I've decided to title this one "No Immunity" as I am beginning to wonder if proton radiation also completely wipes out your entire immune system. I have had two bouts with the flu, at least three colds, and perhaps two days of blissful health in the last two months.

Anyone have any great ideas for how I can boost my immune system? I've tried some (supposedly) good vitamins. Am taking Emergen-C (concentrated Vitamin C in crystal form) and Airborne (Sure wish I was the teacher who had invented that one. It is probably working for him because it is patentend and now he's rich and doesn't go to school where all the germs are. If I could retire, I'd probably be healthy too). The good news is most of the infections that are spread at EMHS are STDs, and I'm definitely immune to those because I'm not having any S.

Okay... that was the quick update. I'm open to all suggestions unless they involve eating seafood.

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ashli!
Ok, I have a suggestion. Go to Herbs-n-Such in Town and Country. I went and got some vitamins there today. They really try to help with what you need. They ask you questions to figure out what herbs and vitamins will work best for you. It's a little tiny shop, but they seem to know what they're talking about. Well, I sure hope you start to feel better! We'll be praying for you. I'll talk to ya soon.
Love,
Danna

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ash, You do not know me. My name is Stephen Pruitt and I have ACC also. I live in TN. I work as an advocate for individuals with disabilities. I am sorry to hear of your disease. I certainly know of the pain of the disease and the radiation. I have neutron radiation from the University of Washington and I have not had a CAT scan or MRI since that time yet. I will get one in a couple of months. I pray for you and would like to email you from time to time. I think we have a rough way to go, but I am trying to walk it with courage.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boosting your immunity:

Since I am suffering with the same cancer, I will let you know what has worked for me. NOT loosing any weight. It is hard to eat when you are hurting and depressed, but it has helped me so much. I can very easily loose down to my desired weight, but this is no time to do that and risk lowering my immune system. Eat, eat, eat and at least maintain your weight even if it is higher than you want it to be. That will keep your immune system intact. This is a tough disease to fight, but we need to maintain our body strength. Stephen

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your comments. I welcome the idea of emailnig. How can I get in touch with you via email?
Ashli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home