Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Friday, May 19, 2006

Aloha

Do you know what stinks about being in Hawaii? We are only here for 5 days! Seriously, this is one of the most amazing places I have ever been. I'm already dreaming of some way to come back for a lengthy vacation. I think the Make-a-Wish Foundation needs to consider helping kids-at-heart.

Let me tell you all why Waikiki is the perfect vacation spot for Ashli Hepler. (1) We are within one block of one of the most amazing beaches I have ever seen -- it looks like something out of a travel brochure. The weather is gorgeous. Hot, but there is a good breeze. The water is warm. There are plenty of people sunbathing who look way worse in a swimsuit than I do, so I am fairly certain I am not the focal point of all the honeymooner's jokes. (2) The view from our hotel room is to die for. I'm sure some of you are imagining palm trees, sand, sunsets, romance. Scrap all that crap. When I look out off our balcony, guess what I see? Just guess? You won't even believe it! Louis Vuiton, Hermes, Fendi, Prada. All these boutiques line the street of my hotel. There is a Macy's within one block. Puma, Adidas. I have never been so happy in my life. Hey, I know I can't afford anything, but it is just nice to know that, maybe, just maybe, Jay-Z is buying Beyonce some extravagant gift within a one-block radius.

I have tons of stuff to tell you guys. I'm trying to be like Anne or Jeremie Riggleman and be a real photographer on this trip. I honestly think I've got some good pictures -- mostly due to the generosity of the EMHS math and language arts departments, who purchased an amazing digital camera, batteries, and huge memory cards for us to document this vacation:) I will try to post some pictures on here ASAP. I've already got them on the computer and ready to go!

Oh... I forgot to mention... guess what restaurant is adjacent to our hotel? The Cheesecake Factory! I think we're headed there right now. Life is good.

9 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds amazing. It's nice and sunny up in Elkhart as well, but we haven't got the benefits of a nearby Cheesecake Factory.

I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. Maybe we can get you a scrapbook or photo album or something..

Erin

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Thats so amazing! im glad to hear your having so much fun! I think my manliness went down when i heard you were so close to those shopping places and thought... "sweet dude". No matter though, i wish i was on those beaches with you man. every woman that passes qould get to heat my "heey baby, whats up?" then you may see the enjoyable (too you) glares. go to www07.rockyou.com for a little slideshow you can put on your blog, takes up less space man. later loves

~Bradley

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

My phone is still off, so I don't know if you tried to call back tonight. And I forgot the e-mail address you check. I'll try to do much better the last couple of days you're gone. So...I am so happy you're having an amazing time. Selfishly, it will be nice to have you back, too, but for your sake, I wish you miraculously had an extra week (do you think God does the big and small?!? I know the answer to that is yes, but I also know it still probably means you'll be coming home as scheduled. Bummer.) Love you.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

I just got your message from 10 last night--SORRY! I always want to call you at around 8 in the morning, but I don't think you'd appreciate that. I'm going to have to adjust for when you're in Caly. (Feel free to delete these messages, since I'm using them for my primary source of communication) Anyway, I'll try to be near my cell all day if I'm not at home. Love you so much. Sorry you have to come home now!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Kristin Baker said...

Glad to hear you're having so much fun! My dad was born and raised in HI (until age ten when they moved to Indiana--WHAT is That?!) and always talks about how much he misses it. It sounds beautiful. I once heard a quote that said "Imagination is a way to run away without ever leaving home." (I'll have to look up who said that.) But we all know how creative and imaginative you are, so really you could be in HI anytime you want . . . : )

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Erin,
My photos are uploaded to the computer. If I print them, they will sit in a shoebox until after there is a cure for cancer which is about when I'm going to start scrapbooking :) I love the scrapbook, just hate the project. I do have to say that I have some amazing photos, though.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger crock said...

i know what stinks about Hawaii - that we're not there anymore....yuck. Thought I didn't like the weather in Japan before, now it's miserable!!
I'm so thankful we got to see you and meet Corlissa. Jordan will not stop asking, "where's Ashli & Olissa?"
Anyway - working on posting photos and tons of laundry. Glad you're back safe and sound. I will talk to you soon.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I know how that goes. I still don't have my pictures from Washington D.C. scrapbooked yet, and those are from last summer..

The first week of last summer..

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I know I haven't commented for a while...I've found this wonderful website that goes by the name of Myspace...yeah...I used to be so annoyed about how people don't use the right spelling and grammar, but now I know how they feel! lol...well, the most beachy place I've ever been is Virginia Beach...there is a Cheesecake factory right down the road from my grandma's neighborhood...if you really went there, tell me, how wuz it? Excuse me um, "was" it..? I'll ask my g-ma if we can go there...thanx..i mean,haha, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home