Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Why Sleep Now?

It is so pointless to go to bed now. Maybe if I just stay up, I'll be able to sleep through the entire flight. We had dinner with Dave & Cary at Cheesecake Factory last night. Now that is a start to a good trip. I just want everyone to know that Cary Dameron Schwartz now has a "Master of Science" next to her name and I am one of the first people to see the evidence on her diploma. For those of you who don't know, I'm one year out from getting my masters (hers is in school counseling; mine in social work) and there is some question about whether or not I will be able to continue with my cohort and stay on track to graduate in May due to my radiation schedule this summer. So, for me, her completion of this degree has special significance.

Anyway... we stopped by Brookstone and I bought this amazing travel pillow for the plane. They were discontinuing the line, so it was a bargain. (And yes, Mom. I do recall you telling me, "When you buy something just because it is on clearance, you still spend more money than you would have if you had not bought it at all, so you're really not saving money, you're spending money you wouldn't have spent in the first place." And I heard your voice quite clearly in my head, and then Cary told me to buy it and Corlissa looked at me like she thought it was a good idea, and well...now I have a really nice travel pillow so that at least I'll be comfortable when your fiscal mini-lessons replay through my head for the duration of my flight :)

I just want to say that I am annoyed with everyone who has been commenting. I have been so good. I have been replying to your comments. I answer your questions, respond to your statements, and ask questions in return. Does anyone bother to answer these comments in turn? NO! I wasted all that insomnia re-commenting for nothing. Can you all start looking back over comments and letting me know what is going on here?

I'm going to get in the shower and get ready for my flight. I had to take a double-dose of steroids for the flight (to prevent swelling) for the day, so maybe I'll scrounge through Dave & Cary's fridge and see if they have the fixings for one of my famous bacon, egg, and cheese (must be velveeta because it melts properly) omelettes. I might even serve them breakfast in bed (if you know Dave & Cary, you know this isn't really gonna happen because I would be terrified to enter their bedroom unannounced).

Next in line to be annoyed by a visit from Insomniac/OCD Ashli:

Snoop Dogg and Krissy


P.S. - Don't forget to read the post just below. It is new as well and chocked full of interesting information/prayer requests/details about my crazy life.

3 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Ash, That's what I get for not talking with you for two days. Oh my goodness! So, I should have come in yesterday after all. Maybe I'll call Jeremy after you're in Caly so he can fill me in on the Anthem thing. I guess since you didn't put out a plea for money, something happened (prob. your credit card had enough on it). Can't wait to hear what. Praying....D

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you got my email and phone message. There is info that might be helpful while you're in CA.
How the #$%! do I know if there is a response to my comment? I'll go back and check some old ones to see if the response shows up with the comments???
Have a great trip!!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

You don't have to do anything special. I just read the comments and type a comment back to you in the box. Just check the comments on the for the blogs. Sometimes I've commented back and all you have to do is leave another comment in the box on the same page. There can be a running dialog going for each one of my journal entries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home