Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Return to the Land of the Living

Thanks to Mom & Alysia for keeping everyone updated during my absence; I am back among the land of the living. It appears as if the nausea and vomiting are at bay. Unfortunately, we do not necessarily have a definitive answer about what caused this in the first place. The good news is that the neurosurgeons did not feel like it was a result of intercranial pressure. This basically means that the tumor is not putting so much pressure on my brain that it is causing all the nausea and vomiting. In essence, it doesn't look like this is the result of some radical change in my tumor.

Instead, it seems like my body just worked itself into this ridiculous funk. All the vomiting put me in a state where I could no longer keep any of my medication down. That made me even sicker. My body was just starting to shut down. A good dose of saline and morphine pumped through an IV sure made a difference. They re-introduced my medications one at a time to be sure that a specific medication wasn't the culprit. I am now back on the full dose of all my meds. I'd say that getting some rest helped, but evidently they don't want you to rest in a hospital because they wake you up every freaking five minutes for one thing or another.

I had a follow-up with Dr. Press regarding my ear yesterday. It continues to have pollups and clots and other crazy growths. She elected to biopsy a piece of this tissue since we cannot seem to combat all the infection. Pray that we get some answers and relief fom that. Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

Thanks to Danna & Bobby who brightened up the otherwise dim oncology floor with some renegade balloons! I continue to hear from my friends, "Well... I've been wanting to call, but I didn't want to bother you." Apparently, everyone is adopting this mentality because NO ONE IS CALLING! Please don't be afraid to call. Unfortunately, I'm finding that a sickly life often yields a lonely life. ButI've got caller ID and, the truth is, I just won't answer if I don't feel like talking to you, so CALL ME!

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger crock said...

guess you don't want to talk to me, huh?
glad you're feeling better. give me a call when you can.
talk to you soon.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Kristin Baker said...

Good to see you at school today. I'm sorry the musical kept me from helping out. Glad to see you're doing better.

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. You should not have been so honest because now I know why you never pick up the phone when I call. Don't you care about my feelings?
J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home