Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Waiting Game

2 Treatments Down....38 To Go!

Day two was much better than day 1. I was only confined in the mask for about 30 minutes total. Not exactly fun, but bearable.

The worst part of this whole thing is waiting around. My appointment was scheduled at 3:15 today. Around 4:20 I actually got called back to the gantry (the treatment room). It is a good thing I bought that copy of Life & Style. I learned quite a bit about how Jen is dealing with the whole Brangelina African Hebrew baby thing. I think it's better that they're not together, but I'm still not convinced about Vince. I think she should go solo for awhile or maybe look into scientology or something (just kidding).

So, still no real side effects (the doctors assure me it gets worse as treatment progresses, but I'm not going to sit around crying about some sunburn that hasn't even happened yet). I'm still walking. I'm still driving. In fact, I drove solo on the freeway today. Three different freeways actually. I was a little nervous as my only freeway experience prior to today was the scene in Clueless where Cher and Dionne accidentally exit onto the freeway and nearly die, but I made it. I was switching lanes like a pro. These roads are no match for a girl whose dodged amish buggies her whole life!

Time to get some food. Jeremy is trying to beef up for football season, so he's mixing up some crazy protein drinks for me. Tonight we're going to try making a chocolate monkey with bananas, ice cream, and chocolate-flavored protein powder... YUMMY!

6 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash,

I am so glad your second treatment went well! Courtney really wants to come see you in Cali! What dates do you have available for visitors? I told her I will get her there to see you and she wants to drive you wherever you need! Yes, scary as it may be she is legal!!! Feel free to email your response to us at bkcbb@aol.com or share it on your blog. We love you!
Korie & the Anglemyer clan!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger crock said...

hello, friend...
you sound upbeat about treatment, that's great. Happy to hear things are good in Cali and you have a hunky football player making drinks for you!!!
wanted you to know you're always in our thoughts and prayers.
by the way, I want to know who "eye in the sky" is too!
Love you!
crock <><

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger AJLutz said...

This is another of those "Mom should prob stop reading here" comments:

I find it intersting that Ash neglected to mention that not only was she DRIVING on the freeway, but at the same time she was talking to me on her cell phone, AND looking up the rates that Enterprise gave her AND looking at her insurance policy to try to tell me if she had full coverage or not. SCAAARRRYYY!!!

Though I did not hear any horns honking or profanities yelled at her in the background, I did hear her SCREAMING at a semi who would not move over a lane for her to merge!!!

Good luck on those freeway drives Ash, you'll be a pro in no time. . .oh wait, multi-tasking? Sounds like you already are!

Alysia

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kristin Baker said...

Ashli,

It's so awesome to know you're settled and beginning treatment. I think we're all breathing a little easier. And not just because school ended today . . . I gotta say . . . ahhhhhh

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ashli!

I've been praying for you and it's good to hear that things are going well so far. Wanted to let you know that my friend in Rancho Cucamonga will probably try to call you this week. Many of the leads for help that she had did not work out due to your specific needs, but she still has a line on some things that might be helpful for you. Her name is Donna Burns, btw.

I had to laugh at your post about the freeways-every time we're in CA, Matt makes me drive! Now imagine learning to drive there, then moving to Amish country and having to dodge buggies-it was weird for me in the opposite direction!

Continue to keep us posted and we will continue to keep you in our prayers. FYI Matt and Kevin are planning to help with your move this weekend... Love You

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Ashli Hepler said...

Erin,
Hey... thanks for the post. We're planning to try to start moving around 8ish or 9ish. Do Matt & Kevin know where I live? Call my cell this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home