Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nothing to Report

Well... the PET is over, but there is no news to report. Normal results would probably take until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, but I have a feeling Dr. Wheeler will try to get them earlier. I will, of course, update as soon as we know something.

I have not had much nervousness or preoccupation leading up to the PET Scan; however, shortly after I received my injection, I was overwhelmed by some pretty negative gut feelings about the test. This is a little concerning becasue my gut instincts are fairly reliable. The thoughts were pretty fleeting, and I am not meditating on them by any means. Pray that does not happen. It is neither productive nor helpful.

There could be an alternate explanation for the pessimism. My colleague's grandson (5 years-old) passed away this week after battling his own brain tumor. He was diagnosed several months before me. It is just such a sobering reality -- I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but Cancer needs to be more selective. Please keep The Raval Family in your prayers. I cannot fathom what they must be going through.

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am definately thinking positive thoughts for the results! We love you! Kendall

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell the Raval family that we will be praying for them. That's just heartbreaking.
I also wanted to let you know that there are a lot of people praying for you. We love you and hope to see you soon.
Love,
Danna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home