Nothing to Lose -- Redux

Monday, June 19, 2006

Back Online

Sorry it has been so long since the last update. You don't have to say a word... I've already been getting a lot of flack for it.

Not much new to report. I'm in my apartment and have a steady cell phone signal and internet connection.

I had my first weekly visit with Dr. Luu. He seems to think it is "too soon" for me to be as tired as I've been. Evidently he has never sat in his own waiting room from 2:00 PM- 7:00 PM just to be put constricted in a mask that leaves a mark on your face for 24 hours after you're radiated.

On the bright side, my ear is a lot less painful and I'm on new anit-nausea medication that seems to be working much, much better (cuts my barfing down a few times a week as opposed to a few times a day).

The down side to this is that I'm not longer losing 2 pounds a day :( (Maryellen says this is not the way to diet anyhow).

This weekend I had my first fun adventure in Cali. Jeremy, Kristin, and I went in to Pasadena and went out for my birthday (a little belated since I was home for the actual holiday). Pasadena is a pretty cool town. It is set up a lot like Chicago with tons of stores and boutiques lining city blocks. I felt right at home. Even with all the new restaurant choices, we ended up eating at Cheesecake Factory. Old habits die hard.

4 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger crock said...

thanks for the update. it was so good to hear your voice today.
we continue to pray for you.
love and miss you!

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. I've been thinking about you. I'll call you soon. I'm glad to hear that your ear feels a little better and that your nausea is better. I'll talk to ya soon.
Love,
Danna

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger LoriCloud said...

omg! I forgot your freaking birthday...and after I've been saving up $1.00 per day as was previously requested. we will celebrate when I get there if you are still speaking to me.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back with upates,, but certainly understand your down time. Guess I'm not coming out to CA, so decided to go home for the benefit and see everyone. Keep up the good attitude. That stubborn streak has really come in handy.
Love ya, Gma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home